After much training and education, Morgan Hill Smiles is pleased to announce we’re now a mini implant provider. We’re excited about this new service, and we know it will improve the lives of many patients.
Mini implants provide numerous benefits, including:
- They’re less expensive than dentures or normal implants
- It takes less time for mini implants to heal
- Patients see immediate results
- They’re much less intrusive than traditional implants
If you or someone you know has lost teeth, implants are probably necessary. Mini implants are a viable option for your oral care, and the benefits are outstanding. Mini implants can also be used to anchor dentures!
Back to Normal
If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you’re not alone.
In a thoughtful piece at Dental Economics, Dr. Gregory L. Sawyer writes:
“Statistics [show] that 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth, and that by age 74, 26% of adults have lost all of their permanent teeth. Using implants for these patients in lieu of placing a bridge or to help stabilize dentures can offer significant advantages over alternative treatments.”
You’ve probably experienced some pretty big negatives from your tooth loss. Eating is more difficult, of course, and you might also feel self conscious about sharing meals with your friends and family.
You might also be more anxious about socializing if you have one or more missing teeth. It can be nerve wracking to meet new people and experience new situations when you’re anxious about your oral health and your appearance.
Denture slippage is a real worry, too. It can be downright embarrassing when a vigorous sneeze or cough causes your dentures to fall out.
Mini dental implants provide a real solution. The cost is practical, and the procedure is quick and easy. You can also see your regular dentist for the procedure and work with someone you know and trust– there’s no need to refer out to a specialist.
Mini implants allow you to enjoy eating and socializing again.
Dr. Sawyer shares this story,
“It is gratifying to provide such a valuable service in a minimally invasive way. I had a recent follow-up appointment with a patient who told me that, after just a few days with implants, she realized how much joy had gone out of her life because of the limitations of her dentures. She said that now she was enjoying foods she hadn’t had for decades.”
The Advantages of Mini Dental Implants
Now we can talk specifics. You already know mini implants are less expensive and less invasive, but what allows your dentist to charge less and finish the procedure more quickly?
- Size – Mini dental implants are about half the size of a traditional implant. They don’t require as much bone structure to install, so less bone is needed for the procedure. They eliminate the costly and painful bone grafts that are necessary with traditional implants.
- Healing Time – A smaller implant makes for a less invasive procedure. After mini implants are placed, you’ll require less healing time. Traditional dental implants generally require six to nine months to heal. With mini implants, some patients are healed in less than a month.
- Fewer Visits – With mini dental implants, you’ll have to visit your dentist less often. Healing time is quicker, and you’ll adjust more quickly, too.
- Immediate Results – Due to their less invasive nature and quicker healing time, mini implants can usually be loaded with crowns, bridges, and dentures almost immediately. Whatever your dental needs may be, you’ll notice immediate results with mini implants.
- Price – In almost every case, mini dental implants cost less than half the price of traditional implants. Your dentist should be able to set up a payment plan you can meet, even if you’re on social security.
- No Decay – Mini implants are made from titanium. Titanium is also used for artificial joints– it’s a material that’s not prone to decay or periodontal disease.
- Bone Structure – Mini implants preserve your natural bone structure. This means you can retain the shape of your face. It also means you can avoid continued bone loss in areas where you’re missing teeth.
The Mini Implant Difference
Traditional dental implants are beneficial when you’re missing one or more teeth, as well. There are some key differences that make mini implants a better option for many patients, however. We’ve already addressed many advantages of mini implants, such as lower cost, but it’s important to understand the other differences before you make your dental care decision.
- Placement – Mini dental implants only require a small pilot hole to be placed, whereas traditional implants require intense surgery and bone grafts. That means mini implants are far less traumatic for your bones and soft tissue.
- Less Trauma – Because your soft tissue and bones experience much less trauma, you’ll heal more quickly. Healing in days is better than healing in months, right?
- Less Discomfort – Your gums, underlying tissue, and bones will appreciate the less-invasive nature of mini implants, which means less discomfort for you. Many patients only need over-the-counter pain relievers for a few days after the procedure.
- Less Bone – Mini implants require far less bone than traditional implants, so you’re much less likely to require bone grafts, which can become quite costly.
- Less Time – Because mini implants work so quickly, your dentist can anchor your dentures or perform other procedures during the same visit. You’ll be up and running in no time.
For patients who have lost one or more teeth, mini dental implants are revolutionary. We’ve invested time and resources into the training and education so we can provide you with a less costly, less invasive, and more comfortable approach to dental implants.
We’re a mini dental implant provider because we know the best patient care requires the most efficient, modern, and comfortable procedures. Mini dental implants provide a great opportunity to people who have lost teeth and want to get back to eating, socializing, and going about their lives as normal.
If you, a family member, a friend, or any other loved one are missing teeth and require implants, call us for a consultation. We’ll be able to provide a friendlier, less expensive procedure that will have you back to eating your favorite foods in no time.